“No thanks, I can take care of it myself.”
You wouldn’t be a business owner if you weren’t already driven, ambitious and hella smart. I am always excited by the enthusiasm and go-get-’em attitude of the people we start working with. And oftentimes, we’re asked if it’s really something that should be hired out – or if it’s something they can handle on their own.
Honestly, outsourcing anything that you’re not totally versed in is a smart idea.
Here’s what we’ve learned in the past year. We offer one-on-one social media training and virtual workshops that empower business owners to have all of the knowledge to do it on their own. This includes strategy, brand voice, ideal client, how to attract followers, turning followers into sales… etc.
When the workshop ends, 9 times out of 10, the business owner wants to have us start handling it.
Because they realize that to do it well, you really need to have a strategy. And more than this, what you really need is space.
We are all extremely close to our own business’s. Sometimes we see all of the good AND sometimes we see all of the bad and the things we want to improve on. Because of this lens, we can hold ourselves back in how we communicate our brand to others and represent ourselves online.
If you’re still on the fence, we’ve compiled a list of the
Pros/Cons of Social Media Management
- Saving money
- Full control over content
- Your voice
- Feel like you have to learn it all and become an expert in yet another thing.
- Not speak confidently about your services, testimonials or offers.
- Make it too personal – forget to talk about your business, services or clients.
- Overthink it and make it more complicated than it is – zapping the joy out of it.
- Lose track of consistency.
- Not have a strategy – just kind of posting/winging it.
- Burnt out because you have other shit to do.
- Put too much pressure on yourself because it’s so important to you.
What are your thoughts about this? We’d love to hear them. Contact us.